Friday 2 November 2012

Depressing predictability

Here's the list of dances this week on Strictly, everyone:


Colin & Kristina – Foxtrot to ‘Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive’ by Aretha Franklin
Dani & Vincent – Jive to ‘Dance With Me Tonight’ by Olly Murs
Denise & James - Viennese Waltz to ‘At Last’ by Etta James
Fern & Artem – Paso Doble to ‘Espana Cani’ by Ross Mitchell Orchestra
Kimberley & Pasha – Salsa to ‘Naughty Girl’ by Beyonce
Lisa & Robin – Tango to ‘Let’s Stick Together’ by Bryan Ferry
Louis & Flavia – Samba to ‘La Bomba’ by Ricky Martin
Michael & Natalie - Foxtrot to ‘(I Get the) Sweetest Feeling’ by Jackie Wilson
Nicky & Karen – Rumba to ‘I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing’ by Aerosmith
Richard & Erin – Foxtrot to ‘Big Spender’ by Shirley Bassey
Victoria & Brendan – Samba to ‘It’s Not Unusual’ by Tom Jones

Now, I don't want to say I told you so (this is a lie) but in Monday's StrictlyChat, I said a) Tango for Lisa and b) Foxtrot/Smooth for Colin. Oh, SHOW! WHY SO PREDICTABLE???

Other things on this list that were insanely predictable and that I therefore wish I had predicted just to prove it: more ballroom for Michael after last week's renaissance and a waltz for Denise to wipe away the memory of that horrible cha cha.

Two further thoughts:

 - I feel dirty already at the thought of Nicky and Karen's rumba. Might make a cup of tea at that point.

 - Fern and Artem for the chop. No way she survives the paso. NO WAY.

2 comments:

Miss Jones said...

I am loving all this Strictly blogging.

I have a Louis-related concern. My concern is that he's having to do too many of the dances that play to his strengths at the start of the contest - he's already done chacha, samba and salsa. That means that when we get to the business end of the competition, he could be stuck with the tedium of the rumba, waltz etc, to the detriment of his audience vote. (Although I'm hella excited about his quickstep, whenever that happens.) Is this fear founded or unfounded?

katetf said...

I think this is a valid concern. I mean, they've done the same with Lisa, but I am less worried about that because ultimately she is not a potential winner. It's waltz this week for Louis, so we'll see a bit more what he's made of. I read somewhere (or I invented) that the pros can nix one dance if they think their celeb won't be any good at it. Did I imagine this? Harry McFly never did the paso. If I were Flav, I think I would make sure Louis never does the Charleston...