Friday 16 November 2012

Bloody Bastard Wembley Week

Yes, it's bloody Wembley week and I am WELL grumpy about it. Here is the list of dances[/running about]:

Victoria and Brendan - Paso Doble to ‘Bicycle Race’
Lisa and Robin - Samba to ‘Car Wash’
Kimberley & Pasha - Samba to ‘Livin La Vida Loca’
Michael and Natalie - American Smooth to ‘New York, New York’
Denise and James - Charleston to ‘Walk Like An Egyptian’
Louis and Flavia - American Smooth to ‘I Got a Woman’
Dani and Vincent - Quickstep to ‘You Can't Hurry Love’
Nicky and Karen - Jive to ‘Jailhouse Rock’
Richard and Erin - Salsa to 'Club Tropicana’

My immediate thoughts and fears:
  1. TWO SAMBAS? TWO BLOODY SAMBAS? And this is the second year in a row that Pasha has had to do a bloody samba at bloody Wembley. Love a bit of Ricky Martin, though.
  2. Shameless vote-getting song choice from Natalie. Bravo.
  3. I am hoping for a new ballroom dance-face from Louis this week. I went off that waltz haughty face after I'd watched it *ahem* five or six times.
  4. Only one quickstep! And it's the only dance that works on that giant dancefloor! Love the quickstep, love Dani and Vincent, love the song. Do I think I will love them all together? Not sure...
  5. Jailhouse Rock feels a bit stately for a really exciting jive. I predict quite a lot of posing. Again.
  6. VP's paso is going to be awful, I'm pretty sure. Brendan is hunting for votes with that song choice, but her stumbles and wobbles should render this a disaster. 
  7. I think it's Richard's week to go, though. Salsa. Wham. It's going to be crazy levels of camp, and not in a good way. Soz, Richard - I'd have liked to see Victoria go first, but your number's up. (Which, of course, probably means it isn't).
Deep breath, you guys. See you on the other side.

No comments: