Friday 23 November 2012

Repeat repeat repeat repeat...

Possibly another LiveWatch for me this week, you guys. Let's see how suicidal I'm feeling tomorrow night. In the meantime, here's the line-up and my depressive thoughts:

Victoria and Brendan - Salsa to ‘Candy’
Oh goody, it's Pendletears' turn for the salsa. I can't wait for her total failure to look like she's having fun and for the judges to lecture her on how this is a PARTY DANCE and she has to look like she's enjoying it even though it's now week 8 and she hasn't looked like enjoying herself for even three seconds so far. She will also wobble in the turns. Brendan will pick her up a lot. And then hopefully she will go home.

Lisa and Robin - Rumba to ‘As If We Never Say Goodbye’
I haven't seen ITT at all this week - is this the Lloyd Webber song? If so, that will be amazing, and proof that Robin can even make a Romantic Rumba entirely camp. I actually think she will probably dance this well - she's quite an emotional dancer, it's just that the emotion is usually MAD EXCITEMENT, and the reduced pace might mean she gets the footwork right. I can but hope.

Kimberley and Pasha - Tango to ‘When Doves Cry’
Look, it's Pasha and Kimbo, ok, so I love it already. But you know how the title of this post is Repeat Repeat Repeat Repeat? This is what I'm talking about. Please, show. Please. DO BETTER.

Michael and Natalie - Argentine Tango to ‘Bust Your Windows’
Really looking forward to this. Love the song choice, lots of lifts again, which Vaughan is good at, and he's done stacks of training hours apparently, and I do love a work ethic. In others. I imagine the ganchos will be pretty ropey, but I also don't imagine that anyone will care.

Denise and James - American Smooth to ‘Imagine’
This is going to go exactly like we think it's all going to go. It'll be great technically but totally unemotional, despite the choice of song, and I will remain unmoved by any emotion save annoyance. I'm just praying that Craig holds out and prevents us from seeing a 40. I couldn't bear that.

Louis and Flavia - Paso Doble to ‘Dirty Diana’
This had better be as good as it ought to be. That's all I'm saying.

Dani and Vincent - Samba to ‘Single Ladies’
These two, who I love, doing a Samba to a Beyonce song, which is also a thing I love? I'm in.

Nicky and Karen - Charleston to ‘Doop’Hopefully Karen will have done some work on his footwork since last week, as if he's as heavyfooted as he was in the jive he's going to need the public vote. Is it me, or have there been craploads of Charlestons this year?

OK, kids, enjoy it. If I'm watching live I'll be all over Twitter and desperate for company. Join me, why don't you...

No comments: