Saturday 21 November 2009

Calmer now

So yes. I own a flat. So far it is empty other than for the plant and the excellent sandwich/panini maker (which also makes quesadillas, according to the instruction booklet, which = aces) bought for me as a housewarming (literally) gift by Penny, RB, Sal, Sue and Zoe. I am immensely grateful for both gifts, but more so for the sandwich maker, because I am good at keeping electrical goods alive but in general less successful with plantlife.

Today I thought about going and buying some paint, seeing as the whole flat needs decorating. But then I got sidetracked by carpet, and then demoralised by how many different types of carpet there are, so in the end I just bought a kettle.

Plans for the rest of the day include watching England get beaten by the All Blacks and having a chat with my Dad, plus of course watching Strictly, which this week is being brought to me by the letter 'S' (Sue, Sian and El Syd). I have no doubt I will report back with my thoughts.

No comments: