Sunday 10 January 2010

Another reason to stay in the house

Dancing on Ice is just starting. I could fight it, but I am too weak.

Did anyone else watch So You Think You Can Dance last night? I rather enjoyed it. I mean, for a start they can all actually dance, which is nice. I'll keep watching. Here are my thoughts for those of you who might be interested.

1. The lack of "celeb" recognition factor was not in any way a problem for me until the judges' recap at the end. "I loved Blah and Blah, but Blah and Blah could be in trouble tonight," etc. It's going to take me a few weeks to know who's who and even longer to care, I suspect.

2. Having said that, I am developing a low-level crush on Alastair. He grew up on a farm and also does ballet. It's all terribly Billy Elliot.

Alastair Postlethwaite

3. Nigel Lythgoe actually speaks sense. Can we have him on Strictly? Instead of Len? I hate Len.

4. Cat Deeley can host whatever she likes. Her and Schofield. I love Schofield. Let's sack Tess and Bruce and Len and get Cat and Schofield and Nigel. Lovely.

5. All of Strictly's mad camera swoops seem to have made it in tact to this show, which is very disappointing, because this show actually has some dancing that we might like to see. Also, all routines are choreographed for a proper stage rather than a ballroom floor, so the camera swoops are unnecessary and distracting - we don't need to see this dance from the back, you fools. Sort it out, please, BBC.

6. Here is the boy who went out last night:

Chris Piper

I think he looks like the progeny of Freddie Prinze Jr and Ray Quinn.



I am quite glad he has gone home.


2 comments:

Miss Jones said...

I have also succumbed to SYTYCD and entirely agree re: Alistair. He's dreamy. More worryingly, this evening I also succumbed to the Sky One version, Got To Dance. It is the Britain's Got Talent of dancing, compared to SYTYCD's.. er.. something marginally more classy. The best thing about it is that one of the judges is Ashley from Diversity, who I am now nurturing a full-blown crush on. I'm not sure this is entirely to the good. Where are all the men of my own age I should be nurturing a crush on? That is what I would like to know. Hmm, sorry, this comment seems to have stumbled from TV-related inanity to my own over-arching mid-30s crisis.

katetf said...

The only room in this house with Sky is the room where my parents watch the telly (I see your mid-30s crisis and raise you a mid-30s living with your parents crisis) so I have not yet indulged. It can't be long before I crack though - I love Adam Garcia, whose existence is the only reason I sat through Coyote Ugly. Twice. Ahem.

Forgot to mention how the BBC seems determined to rehabilitate James Jordan. I am equally determined to see that it won't work. Hear that, BBC? It is ON.